Hair Illustrations; Blo Me Dry




My second big surprise of the week came via my FedEx man, who delivered this fabulous fuchsia book to me. A little while back I was commissioned by Blo Me Dry to illustrate their new hair menu. It was a fun project to work on since I was working from descriptions such as "Monroe at her heartbreaking best. A must-do for cocktails or an expresso-induced shopping spree."

The project was rushed, I only had one day before they went to print, but they were really happy with how the sketches came out. I asked for a copy of the final menu and was expecting a pamphlet or two so when this hard covered book arrived I was a little shocked! You can see all seven of the illustrations on the hair menu page of the Blo Me Dry site.
The salons looks uber-chic, you know I already love the hair menu and they offer services like "blo on the go" where a stylish blow-out comes to your doorstep. At the moment the chain of blow dry bars are only located in Canada and Cali but I'm assured that once Blo Me Dry hits NYC I'll get the hair hook-up!

Leave a Comment

Hannah Alyse said...

I lovelovelove all of your drawings! They make me so happy just looking at them!

Anonymous said...

Your sketches truly show what the hair styles will look like! Just love your artwork.

S said...

Your drawings make me so jealous for the hair and your talent!

Anastasia said...

gorgeous illustrations!

Brooke Hagel said...

Thank you! I'm feeling the love. :)

traci zeller designs said...

Those are amazing, Brooke!!

Pam C. said...

Wow this is really nice, you are so talented.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brooke Hagel said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! That's terrible. They were great with me, however I ask for payment before I send final work.

Brooke Hagel said...

Also, just to be clear here, I didn't see any illustrations or copy anything. I worked from the descriptions of what each blow out on their menu. And for some of them they even had me take inspiration from my own work. For example, the first girl in this post they wanted to look like my "Dylan" print from etsy shop.