Bright Bazaar Menswear Sketches of Ted Baker AW14



Today I have menswear illustrations I sketched for Will Taylor, aka. Mr. Bright Bazaar, who just so happens to be my best friend! Will collaborated with Ted Baker and chose his top A/W 2014 picks for a bright London photoshoot feature which I then interpreted into an illustration. In addition to working with my stylish bestie, I rarely collaborate with menswear brands so this was a fun project. We went with one full illustration and then individually highlighted some in flats. Flats are silhouettes of the garments which designers frequently use in house for pattern making, draping and line sheets. The flats I chose to draw are considered stylized flats because they're fully rendered in color and show the fabrics and textures. Back in college I always preferred stylized flats, as I'm not a technical person and liked a more organic look over a basic black and white line drawing. This eclectic collection translated well since it consists of quilting, luxe leathers, jersey and denim.

(Illustrations by Brooke Hagel, Photo by Will Taylor)

Plus, a few related posts you may like:

Leave a Comment