Red Carpet Fashion Sketches | 2015 Oscars



Hollywoods biggest night of red-carpet fashion was this Sunday, the 2015 Oscars and of course I had sketch my favorites as I watched! I started drawing full-scale more traditional "polished" fashion illustrations, as I've done in the past, but as the show progressed I decided I liked these smaller "quickie" sketches and chose to share a this grouping of my top picks. Immediately upon posting them on instagram during the broadcast I got likes and comments from a Vogue editor, top celebrity stylist, and an E! News fashion correspondent, which obviously made me feel good about my decision. Its pretty incredible the power of Instagram and the ability to instantly share work and get feedback in the moment.

Illustrated above above: Reese Witherspoon looking classic and chic in Tom Ford, Gwyneth Paltrow in the perfect pale pink (again) by Ralph and Russo, Jennifer Lopez was a golden goddess in Ellie Saab and Kerry Washington looked beautiful in white in her go-to designer, Miu Miu.

I wish there were more epic red-carpet events like this, because I truly love illustrating a red-carpet moment. Its fashion at its finest which is truly ideal fashion illustration inspiration, for this fashion illustrator at least!

Similar posts you might like:

Leave a Comment

Michelle said...

My favorite part of any awards show is always the illustrations that I get to see afterwards!

Michelle
www.michelleford.gy/blog

Brooke Hagel said...

@Michelle- And my favorite part is seeing all the gowns and deciding which are "sketch worthy!" ;)

Nozomi Sasaki Bikini said...

Nice Info...